Wednesday, September 23, 2009

what is your reality?

out on the roof of my dorms I was making a friend. He asked me how I'm liking college and all that small talk, but then he asked how I liked being in the real world?
This isn't reality to me. This is an incredible, annoying, spontaneous, sleepless, and exciting situation I'm in. But, this isn't the "real world." In the real world there is no such thing as "Thirsty Thursday" where flocks and flocks of freshmen in skanky outfits walk to a frat house. In the real world there wouldn't be ninja competitions every Tuesday night at 9 p.m. What I'm trying to get at is this whole college thing isn't the real world but instead it is it's own little world. We have created this world with its own status quo's, dress codes, and lingo.
But, I figured out how to get away from this world.
My reality is calling up Mr. Stevens and telling him how much I miss him as he brags about his completed waterfall. My reality is getting text messages from Mr. Barela and Ms. Gibb telling me that they are thinking about me. My reality is my cat biting an electrical cord and foaming from the mouth for 2 days. I know this world doesn't sound as exciting as the world I'm living in right now but I want to go back to that world. I used to say "tara is the world" but that's so silly. What a lonely life that would be.


No comments: