Sunday, January 25, 2009

This is what Finals Week does to me.

Dear Tara,

So, you know this is finals week coming up. Why aren't you nervous? you know that two of your grades are on borderline. Don't you want to prove to yourself you can get an A in Calculus? You cannot disappoint Mr. Viramontes. And then what about Government class. I mean come on, why in the hell don't you understand the U.S. govt? You studied Federalism for a good month, and I bet if I asked you what it is, you still wouldn't know, would you? Haha. All I want from you is a B+ on that test. It's going to be very hard for you to get a B in that class, but you're better than a C. Just know that. As for English, you already screwed up your Synthesis paper, you better not screw up this final. You need to study your literary terms.

I am only scolding you, because I want you to know that it is up to you and your motivation to study and do well, no one elses. You only have 1 more week of this semester. Dammit, you can do it.

P.S. get breakfast every day. It makes you so happy.

Best wishes,

Your Brain




Dear Mister Brain,

My friends are going to think I am crazy for posting this, but I will talk to you anyway. I will get an A in Calculus. End of story. I will try my hardest to get a B in governement. Ms. You believes in me. Every T.A. period I will study. When it comes to English, I have already kicked myself hard enough about my crappy Synthesis paper, so we are not going to think about that. And I'm sorry I do not find words like antithesis or paradox very interesting.

Yes, it is up to me and only me to pass these tests. I just wish sometimes I was one of those students who did not have to study and still pass. Man, I will never be one of those kids.

P.S. I have no idea what federalism is. But I do love Poptarts.

Your Slightly Confused,

Tara

No comments: